Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Art / Dance Thing

IDK I walked thru the art department and peeps were dancin'


Of course the *real* reason I snapped this photo was just that I wanted to play with the Blogger phone app...

But once I made myself
S T O P
L O O K
T H I N K

I realized that the art department lobby is a place where a lot of unique things happen... strange hi-tek Native American installation pieces... cardboard robots... and people dancing...

It seemed like they were "spacing." Not as in being trippy... but as in translating some movement to a given site... I'm sure you see this in the dance building and maybe the theater building all the time... but even in Art... or Business or Psychology or Nursing... maybe we don't think as much about our bodies in space or in relation to other bodies/people existing and moving thru that space.

It's pretty cool.

Something really powerful and alive about bodies in space! Funny, but in the virtual world "Second Life," one of the biggest things that peeps there love to do is to dance! Or to "have their avatars dance" - in some ways you could say this is silly because *you* aren't *really* dancing...

But it's also kind of interesting and perhaps even beautiful in the sense that existing in space is how we experience ourselves or know that we're alive... so perhaps there's an aspect of that when peeps have their avatars dance... and I guess that's also a social thing: movement - music - chat...

Anyway... maybe I should walk thru the Art Department lobby more often...

Or maybe I should see what peeps @Cypress are doing more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment